Sunscreens should be a last resort. Here are tips to avoid sunscreen.
- Wear Clothes - shirts, hats, shorts and pants shield your skin from the sun's harmful UV rays, reducing burn risk by 27%
- Find Shade Or Make It - picnic in the shade or take an umbrella to the beach. Keep infants in the shade reducing the risk of multiple burns by 30%
- Sunglasses Are Essential - not a fashion accessory, sunglasses protect your eyes from UV radiation
- Play Around The Sun - go outdoors in early morning or late afternoon when the sun is lower
- Don't Get Burned - red or sore skin means you had gotten way too much sun
- Check The UV Index - the UV index provides important information to help you plan your activities in ways to prevent sun overexposure
If you do need a sunscreen, check EWG's 2017 Guide to Sunscreens!! Your skin will thank you.
Many thanks to The Environmental Working Group for this great service!!